We are seeking a Publicist to join our team in house. You’ll need to help identify new business opportunities with current or new clients. Must be comfortable working in a variety of industries, and consider yourself a jack of all trades as it relates to quick thinking and versatility. Lifestyle brands, big box retailers, tech, you’ve worked it all. Understanding social media and the role influencers playin a PR campaign are a must, as well as understanding social trends, and both traditional and non-traditional approaches.
Must have current PR experience.
This position will report directly to our CEO and work cross functionally with the senior team.
Key Responsibilities /Accountabilities:
- Create effective publicity plans in house and for clients *
- Create and pitch new strategies and ideas *
- Build and maintain successful relationships with the media and other outlets *
- Communicate directly with executive team and clients *
- Work with CEO and executive team on identifying new clients *
- Execute all social publicity strategies disruptively and effectively *
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, or a related field *
- Proven experience working as a publicist at an agency with direct client interaction *
- Impeccable work ethic, strong interpersonal and social skills, and effective communication *
- Ability to work in an ever changing environment, fast and with flexibility on various accounts *
- Strong team player and self-starter *
- Strong knowledge of the PR field including experience in media relations, press campaign development, and execution of creative and strategic communications plans. *
- Knowledge and passion for current lifestyle and cultural trends that are relevant to today’s multicultural millennial consumer, industry tastemakers, and trendsetters *
- Existing relationships with media, including both traditional and non-traditional outlets, including bloggers and influencers *
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now